Farmgirl Detoxes

Just in time for the holidays and the coming year is the gift of wellness. As a perpetual seeker of healing and helpful places around town, I found Wholisti Center in Montrose as a definite must see, if you are ready. Ready to get real and start some major healing processes.

As you know, I have multiple sclerosis, an annoying disease brought on by not taking care of myself. I could say this about a lot of diseases but can speak truthfully only about my own experiences. One of my first healing processes, after being diagnosed, was studying and becoming certified as a holistic nutrition educator. During that same time I met Jill Brook, nutritionist, and we worked together to reduce my inflammation and get me back into the game of life. Jill has been an inspiration and fountain of knowledge for my progress.

School offered many options and programs from detoxing to digestion repair. It has all been necessary for the welfare of my health. This summer I did a new detox program - a tea and body work program through Wholisti Center in Montrose.

The first day of my new detox program involved an intestinal tea which I steeped too long. One thing to note is that you may want to by some psyllium seeds at Trader Joes. So the first day was a bit of a doozy. But wonderful and necessary!

And then the cleansing - apples upon apples in the morning. If you don?t like apples, the key is to find one you can tolerate. For me it?s an organic fuji. I sweated and stunk for the first few days. Next time I will know what to expect and will follow it more closely as I don?t think it?s quite detoxing to have a glass of wine now and then. So, I give myself a ?B? this time around. My main weaknesses: wine, strong, dark, decaf coffee and cheese. I started drinking herb tea in the morning but playing it by ear depending upon how toxic I was the night before. It?s a process and as I said, I would give myself a ?B? based on the average Sally and Joe Six-Pack. 0


After a few more days I started the liver tea. I definitely need the liver tea. And then, about a week or so had passed and my teas and face lotion being used plenty I thought, ?Hey, lazy bones, get up and go to yoga?. So I did. OK. It was very difficult in that I am completely out of shape/health/wholeness?. But boy did it feel good. What felt just as good was looking in the mirror that morning and saying, ?Darn, girl, you look much better?.

Skin looking rejuvenated, some of the toxins out, some still coming in. It?s a process....