nutritional detoxing day 6

Already day six and just started my liver-cleansing tea. I started the intestinal tea five days ago. The first day was a bit crazy because I took the tea too long and didn't have any psyllium, which is a necessary fiber to take. I love vegetables but am actually tired of greens. It's been collards, dandelion, chard, spinach, cauliflower, squash...everything...steamed. And the apples. ugh. So many apples. Luckily I found a great organic fuji at trader joes (I missed our local farmers market last week). This week I found some awesome asian pears but have eaten all of them and it's only Monday!

So, what to expect? I didn't know. And it's been a process. The first day I was getting over a cold, and the first few night have been interesting. Sweat and chills. Toxic smells. Not to mention all of those apples coming out. I could feel it immediately, as my body pushed the toxins out. Five days later and five pounds lighter! Not physical pounds (well maybe, don't weigh myself too often) but unhealthy mental pounds. Between the meditations, the teas, the mood swings, the addictions wearing off, my energy is growing inside. Blood is pumping stronger. Skin is clearing. Muscles relaxing. Ahhhhh....

If only it weren't for all of those apples!